There’s so much excitement in Canada because of the eventual legalization of recreational marijuana these days. If you’re one of many who can’t wait to shop to your heart’s content at a dispensary in Manitoba or a dispensary in New Brunswick, it may truly feel like you’re living in really great times. And of course, with every hit of that high-grade marijuana when you buy weed online Alberta comes the possibility of the munchies. Having said that, here are 16 healthy snacks that you can gorge on when your appetite is cannabis induced – without the guilt of added pounds and unhealthy calories!
- Sriracha Popcorn. Instead of shoveling an entire bag of greasy and buttery microwave popcorn, reach out for a bowl of homemade sriracha popcorn instead. Drench some popcorn kernels in olive oil and place them in a brown bag, then pop in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Whisk together some sriracha sauce and light olive oil, then toss all over the cooked popcorn for a zingy and low-calorie snack.
- Tzatziki and veggie sticks. After finishing up the stash that you bought from a dispensary in Manitoba, chop up a plateful of veggie sticks (carrots, celery and cucumber) that you dip in tangy, store-bought tzatziki.
- Spiced-up Almonds. Nuts will always hit the spot, after you buy weed online Alberta and light it all up. To give it a tastier edge, pan roast your almonds with some salt, chili powder, lime, and honey for a sweet-salty-spicy combo that’ll leave your taste buds sated.
- Berry-Avo Toast. Why eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when you can slather some avocado on toast and level it up with chopped red onions, strawberry slices, and a dash of salt and pepper? Once you’ve finished your stash from a dispensary in Manitoba, this combo is the snack du jour for your cheeba-induced cravings.
- Sweet Potato Fries. Forget the drive through – instead, indulge in some home-baked sweet potato fries that you can dress up with garlic salt and paprika and a hefty siding of ketchup. This is the perfect accompaniment to the high-grade flowers you get from your favorite dispensary in New Brunswick.
- Sweet Potato Nachos. Still on the subject of sweet potatoes, baking really thin slices of it and then topping it off with low fat sour cream, corn kernels, baked beans and jalapenos will definitely quench your appetite!
- Zingy fruit salad. Hold off on those jelly snacks and prepare a big bowl of cut-up fruits. To up the ante, drizzle some maple syrup with lime juice and chili powder for some kick! Don’t be surprised if by the time you finish it, you’re already looking forward to buy weed online Alberta just to recreate the experience soon.
- Drunken Chex Mix. The secret in upgrading your boring old Chex Mix is a combination of Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, lime juice, chili powder, and a splash of tequila. Emulsify everything and toss all over your Chex Mix. Trust us – you’ll never want to go plain again, especially after you’ve done your cannabis shopping from a dispensary in Manitoba.
- “Nice” cream. This might take some earlier preparation, but it’s going to be so worth it. Instead of reaching out for a gallon of chocolate ice cream, whip up some fresh bananas, cocoa powder and honey in a blender and then freeze for a couple of hours. Take it out and give it a nice mix to soften, the store in the ref for when the munchies hit and you’re just craving for some chocolate ice cream.
- Salt and vinegar chickpeas. Salty snacks are on the agenda after consuming some edibles from a dispensary in New Brunswick, so roasted chickpeas tossed in light vinegar and Himalayan pink salt will satisfy the craving without the added carbs!
- Cauli-crust pizza. Because it takes some time to make, we suggest lighting up your pipe with some good hash as you cook. Instead of using store bought pizza crust, mash up some cauliflower in the blender and season with your desired spices. Lay it out into the shape of a crust and bake in the oven until crispy. Top it with some tomato sauce, pepperoni, and cheese and pop it back in the oven. The result? Homemade pizza with zero carbs – a perfect accompaniment to your cannabis-induced appetite!
- Better Bacon Sammies. While bacon isn’t exactly healthy, you’ll forgive us for including it in this list – especially if the sandwich includes slices of grilled peaches, cottage cheese and chopped basil leaves. After you buy weed online Alberta, you’ll want to prep a sandwich in this way from now on as it sure beats your boring old BLT.
- Dark Chocolate Popcorn. Hold off on that box of Pop Tarts, because you’ve yet to try popping kernels at home and then drizzling them with dark chocolate. The clincher? A good sprinkling of Himalayan pink salt will transform this munchie snack into something gastronomically different, it’s practically bordering on gourmet.
- Parmesan Zucchini Strips. Forget frying up some nuggets. Instead, run zucchini, parmesan and grated cheddar in a food processor then shape them up into little nugget pieces. Fry them up (or bake in the oven for a healthier touch) until golden brown and you’ll have a veggie alternative that’s way better than frozen nuggets.
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Crusty bread dipped in melted cheese is old hat. The healthy stoner’s alternative is the more mature (and less caloric) combo of low cat cream, spinach, and artichoke that you put in the blender then cook on stove top!
- Zucchini Zoodle Bowls. If pasta is on the agenda, appetite-wise, you can substitute your carb-laden bowl of spaghetti with zoodles (zucchini noodles) and top it off with marinara sauce and cheese. It’s a great alternative that you can wolf down without any guilt!
With these sixteen snack suggestions, you can go ahead and indulge in the munchies without the guilt!